ZUCCHINE ALLA POVERELLA
This tasty summer dish represents Puglia’s typical “Cucina Povera” cuisine. The combination of Zucchini and mint leaves might sound unfamiliar with you but it amazingly matches in your mouth and bring you into heavenly summer!
・3kg of Zucchini ・2 cloves of garlic ・Salt and pepper
・10 tbs of extra virgin olive oil(or more if you like!)
・4-5 tbs of apple vinegar(add more after tasting) ・Mint leaves as much as you like!
- Wash and cut zucchini into 5mm. Leave them outside to dry them little bit. If there is too much water in zucchini, it’ll be mushy!
- Heat the pan with olive oil and whole garlic. When the garlic becomes golden colour, add zucchini with a bit of salt and pepper. Salt will help zucchini to get lid of more water.
- Cook zucchini until they turn into golden colours. It’s totally okay if they burn little! It gives an extra flavour! It depends on how much water in zucchini and how many kilos you are cooking, but usually it takes about 20-30 minutes. Please don’t mix too much as it breaks down zucchini!
- When zucchini are ready, wait to cool down just bit and add apple vinegar. It’s totally up to you how much you would like to add!
- Before to serve, add freshly picked mint leaves!
*A little fun fact: In Italian, Zucchini are females, so we call Zucchina(plural:Zucchine). Where this word “zucchini” comes from..that is a mystery!